Store Manager – Furniture
Manchester, North West | Up to £30,000 | Ref: LT-5000284A
Success Appointments have a great opportunity for a Store Manager for a Furniture company based in Manchester.
- To deputise for the Shop Managers to maintain all shop systems to achieve maximum sales and net profitability through; effective staff motivation, management and all processes and procedures established, whilst reinforcing the values.
- Discusses customer requirements, including type and price range of goods/services desired; advise customer on selection, purchase, use and care of merchandise and quotes prices, discounts and delivery times; receives full or partial payment, writes bill, receipt or enters on the computer and packages merchandise for customer.
- Receives deliveries and arranges goods on display stands and assists with stock checks; deals with customer complaints.
- Maintains the shop within the bounds of very good house keeping (e.g. cleaning of windows, shop floor, staff areas, stock rooms etc) and cleanliness, follows the merchandising policy, loads and unloads stock deliveries, verifies and reports the accuracy of deliveries and accurately takes stock at the end of each accounting period in accordance with instructions from the HR Manager and Directors.
- Works to the Company Visual Check List, protects the health and safety of colleagues and customers by following the Futon Company’s Health and Safety policy. Carries out Manual Handling and Risk assessments on all employees within their store on an annual basis.
- Attends meetings called by the Board of Directors.
- To demonstrate, sell and arrange delivery of a variety of goods and services in shops, showrooms and similar establishments.
Working Conditions – Whilst doing this job the employee is occasionally exposed to:
- High, precarious places
- Outside weather conditions
- A quiet working environment
- Working alone
- Lift products more than 30 kilos (with assistance)
Role Definition for Store Managers
Handling finance – Ensuring that the resources of the company are properly used:
- Ensuring minimal waste of resources and securing value for money
- Banking all receipts on the first banking day following receipt.
- Reporting staff dishonesty
- Ensuring that the cash float, cash received, banking receipts and petty cash are adequately hidden from potential thieves.
Working with colleagues effectively by:
- Promoting and following good working practices and procedures
- Developing positive relationships with colleagues and team members
- Carrying out staff appraisals and monitoring the team’s performance
- Training staff to meet targets set by the Company
Working with information – Assisting the working of an efficient service and communication network by:
- Obtaining and processing information to enable appropriate decisions to be made
- Ensuring accurate storage and prompt retrieval of information
- Ensuring individuals, teams, colleagues, managers and service users are advised of appropriate information
- Promoting good verbal and written dialogue with internal and external users of the system.
Preferably two or more years’ relevant work experience is required for this position.
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.