Senior HR Generalist/HR Manager
London, North London | £Excellent | Ref: LT-5000863
Based North London
Success Appointments are seeking an experienced Senior HR Generalist/HR Manager to join their client a premium furniture and homewares retailer, to continue the development and support for their people and business. This is an exciting opportunity where you can make a significant impact in a generalist HR role with the scope for personal growth and opportunities to make a real difference.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships, focusing on employee wellbeing and business need across two sites
- Establish a trusted and highly visible reputation as someone who can deliver practical and compliant advice in line with HR best practice
- Manage employee relations, performance and development in collaboration with line managers
- Uphold, influence and coach line managers on companies HR policies and procedures
- Coordinate recruitment, onboarding and induction for all hires across the store, head office and warehouse/distribution centre
- Provide an accurate and timely delivery of monthly payroll, responding to the addition of new hires, commission payments, salary changes and terminations
- Accountable for maintaining all staff personnel records to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date
- Take ownership of various ongoing projects/initiatives aimed at enabling the growth and development of employees
- Assist with Health & Safety, Operations and Building Facilities.
- Some Saturday working will be required to provide senior presence in busy sale periods
HR professional with experience working for a business of 150+ employees including customer-facing staff and operational administration
- Demonstrated “hands-on” attitude and experience in all disciplines including employee relations, professional development and HR operations
- Strong knowledge of UK employment law and generalist HR best practice
- Pragmatic thinker focussed on daily HR operations who is also keen to further develop the department
- Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills. Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Strong relationship building experience, dealing with employees of all levels, ranging from owners and senior directors to operational staff
- Prior experience of owning a full recruitment process from advert writing to offer letter generation
- Comfortable with sometimes challenging people situations such as disciplinary procedures
- Understanding of Health & Safety processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree qualified in a HR or business discipline
- Ideally CIPD or equivalent experience
- Strong MS Office experience, especially Word and Excel
- Experience of working with third party payroll software solutions
Excellent starting remuneration package with OTE £50K per annum inc an annual company bonus. Career, responsibility and package progression opportunities for the right person.
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.