Manchester, North West | Up to £19,000 | Ref: LT-5000284A
Success Appointments have an exciting opportunity to join as a full time sales Assistant at a home and Furniture shop. Based in Manchester.
If you are looking for new opportunity and ready to join an exciting Business , read on and apply if this sounds like you.
• Discusses customer requirements, including type and price range of goods/services desired
• Advises customer on selection, purchase, use and care of merchandise and quotes prices, discounts and delivery times
• Receives full or partial payment, writes bill, receipt or enters on the computer and packages merchandise for customer
• Receives deliveries and assists with stock checks
• Deals with customer complaints
• Arranges goods on display stands
• Loads and unloads stock deliveries
• Attends meetings called by the Store Manager
Visual Merchandising and House Keeping
• Maintains the shop within the bounds of good house keeping
• Follows merchandising policy and directives
• Ensures that the Futon Company Daily Checklist has been complied with Stock-Taking and Deliveries
• loads and unloads stock deliveries
• Verifies and reports the accuracy of deliveries
• Accurately takes stock at the end of each accounting period
• Ensuring minimal waste of resources and securing value for money
• Assisting the Store Manager in banking all receipts on the first banking day following receipt, or carrying out this duty in the Store Manager and Assistant
• Manager’s absence
• Eliminating staff dishonesty
• Ensuring that the cash float, cash received, banking receipts and petty cash are adequately hidden from potential thieves.
Health and Safety
• Protects the health and safety of other staff and customers by following the Company’s Health and Safety policy
• Working With Information (data protection)
• Obtaining and processing information to enable appropriate decisions to be made
• Ensuring accurate storage and prompt retrieval of information
• Ensuring individuals, teams, colleagues, managers and service users are advised of appropriate information
• Promoting good verbal and written dialogue with internal and external users of the system
• Participating in employee appraisals
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience working in a retail environment
• Working knowledge of stock control management and managing deliveries
• Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
Skills & Qualifications • Education to include min GCSE pass (A-C) in maths and English
• Excellent IT Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• The job requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
• Team Working and Personal Impact
• Managing the Customer Relationship
• Attention to Detail
• Sales and targets
If you have relevant experience for this role please click the apply button to send your CV to Lee Talson, remembering to state your current salary level and package
Job ref: LT-5000284A
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.