Assistant Designer – Kids Furniture & Hard Accessories
Leicester, Leicestershire, Midlands | £Excellent Salary & Benefits | Ref: RG-5000838
Based Leicester / WFH
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Designer to join this successful retailer on their homewares team across kids Furniture & hard accessories.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Research and identify furniture trends from furniture fairs, comp shopping, vintage, exhibitions, blogs & general across furniture, (cabinet, upholstered, metal & wooden beds, mirrors).
- Identify trends in wood/materials, finishes, paint, handles, details and shape.
- Design and develop furniture for kids furniture
- Create thorough and detailed design specifications to brief suppliers
- Work closely with colleagues in buying and merchandising to build balanced range of furniture.
It is essential you have significant experience within a similar role within a retailer or supplier background with a 3D Product Design degree or equivalent. You must be familiar with CAD programmes including Photoshop, Rhino and Adobe Illustrator
If you are a creative, hard working, dedicated and self motivate candidate with excellent communication skills and experience of working within a fast paced environment this is the ideal career move for you!
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.